To care for homeless cats and dogs in a no-kill environment until each is adopted into responsible homes and to advocate humane values and behavior.
A world where all cats and dogs have loving, responsible, forever homes.
Operation Kindness is the original and largest no-kill animal shelter in North Texas
Since our founding in 1976, Operation Kindness has saved more than 105,000 homeless animals. We take pride in our ability to treat and rehabilitate the dogs and cats in our care and give them the opportunity to experience a great quality of life.
North Texas daily faces the challenge of how to tackle the homeless pet population issue. Operation Kindness serves as a partner for 74 municipal shelters and rescue groups who have animals in need of lifesaving medical care, or are simply low on
space. When we work together, we can truly make a difference for homeless pets in North Texas.
- 4,825 adoptions
- 5,123 animals received care
- 3,236 spay/neuter surgeries
- 696 cases of heartworm disease treated
- 113 surgeries
- 1,567 animals received foster care
- 94,803 pounds of food given out from our pet food pantry
- 820 families received behavioral support
- 5,000 elementary and middle school children reached by humane education program
Operation Kindness is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.